Auto Insurance Experts in Germantown, WI
Your Auto Insurance Experts in Germantown, WI and Surrounding Areas
Auto insurance provides essential protection to face the challenges following a car accident. Getting into an accident with our best insurance policies can end up costing you much more than the actual cost of a policy.
What is Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance protects you several ways. It provides you coverage to fix your vehicle in an accident. It protects your assets by making sure you are covered for any financial obligations you would be responsible for because of that accident. It can pay your medical bills for you and others in an accident. You can include road service / towing which helps you when you lock your keys in your car, run out of gas, or need a tow. Car rental is great because the insurance agencies give you money to rent a vehicle when your car is in the shop.
Auto insurance is essentially an agreement between you and the auto insurance company. In exchange for paying for your car insurance premium, the company agrees to pay for damages, car repairs and other incidents as outlined by your policy. If you’re in an accident, auto insurance helps cover the costs of medical treatment from injuries sustained by you, your passengers and people in the other vehicles. Car insurance also helps protect your financial investment in your vehicle in case it’s stolen or damaged.
Beyond standard coverage, you have the option of additional coverages such as car rental to pay for a rental vehicle while your car is being repaired. Automobile insurance doesn’t cover general wear and tear.
What Does Car Insurance Cover?
Auto insurance protects your property, liability, and medical expenses. State-mandated required coverages and individual policies vary, but here are some standard coverages:
- Liability Insurance. If you’re responsible for an accident, liability insurance protects you against claims resulting from injuries and damages you cause to other cars, objects, drivers and passengers involved. It also covers legal costs from lawsuits if someone sues you due to an accident.
- Medical Payments Coverage or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) to cover your medical expenses, regardless of who’s at fault.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage. Almost 13% of drivers in the U.S. are uninsured. In case you’re in an accident with an uninsured motorist, this coverage pays out for damages.
- Comprehensive and Collision. Regardless of who is at fault, collision covers damages to your car from accidents or if you overturn your vehicle. Comprehensive handles random events beyond your control, such as vandalism, theft, accidents with animals, damage from acts of nature like fallen tree limbs and weather like floods and hail.
Do I Need Auto Insurance?
Yes, car insurance is required in Wisconsin (and all states except New Hampshire.) Not only is driving without insurance dangerous, it’s illegal and you can face a hefty fine or have your license revoked. While the state requires basic coverage, finding the right policy for you requires additional consideration.
At Joseph Hoell Insurance in Germantown, WI, we will help guide you through the process and answer any questions you have. Our goal is to ensure you understand the policy, get the right amount of coverage to avoid paying out-of-pocket costs, and find a policy at the right price for your budget.
How Does Auto Insurance Work?
Getting car insurance is a simple process. Your insurer or insurance agent will ask you a series of basic questions to gather information before providing you with policy options and a price quote. Some basic information you must provide is:
- Car year, make, model and mileage
- If the car is paid, financed or leased
- Your zip code
- The primary use of your vehicle
- Information to determine how often or how many miles a year you drive
- Your driver’s license information for driving history, license status, violations and/or any accident claims on your record
Once you pick your policy and it’s activated, you can file a claim with your insurance if you’re in an accident or have damages to report. If you need to file a claim, do so as soon as possible.
At Joseph Hoell Insurance Agency, our agents have been helping individuals find the right auto insurance coverage in Wisconsin. Call us today to get your free car insurance quote. As a local business, we service Germantown, WI and all surrounding areas. Our experienced insurance agents are ready to help you find the right coverage at the right price.
How Much is Car Insurance?
In Wisconsin, car insurance is affordable. In fact, the average car insurance premium in WI is 27% less than the national average with an annual cost of $1,040. With individual pricing, auto insurance is easy to customize. You can go beyond the basic state-mandated coverage and get a la carte additional coverage to pay for things like a rental car while your car is in the shop being worked on following an accident. As always, our friendly insurance agents at Joseph Hoell Agency are happy to help you customize your plan to suit your needs and budget.
The price of car insurance depending on a variety of factors including:
- Age and gender
- Marital status
- The vehicle: make, model, any safety features
- How often you drive
- Your driving record
- Credit history
Another thing to keep in mind is your deductible. A deductible is the amount of money you must pay out of pocket for repairs or claims. As a general rule, the higher your deductible, the lower your auto insurance premiums will be. However, the higher your deductible is, the more your out-of-pocket costs will be. For example, if you have a $100 deductible and are in an accident and the cost to repair your car is more than $100, you’ll pay $100 and your insurer will cover the rest.
Finding the right car insurance doesn’t have to be complicated. Our insurance agents at Joseph Hoell Insurance Agency in Germantown, WI are experts at finding affordable auto insurance with the right coverage for your needs and concerns. We’ll also check to see what discounts you qualify for to ensure you get the best price on your plan. Are you looking for ways to save money on your car insurance? Click here to read some of our top tips on how to get affordable auto coverage.
Can I Add Extra Auto Insurance Coverage?
Yes, there are a few options for extra coverages you can add to your auto insurance policy. Here are some to consider:
- Rental car fees. Some repairs can take 13 days or more to complete, quickly racking up expensive rental car costs. The rental car reimbursement will pay for rental car fees while your car is being repaired.
- Gap insurance. Because car values depreciate quickly, if your car is stolen or totaled, you may owe more on the vehicle than its actual value. Gap insurance covers the gap between what is owed on the vehicle and your insurance coverage. For leased vehicles, gap coverage is usually worked into the cost of your lease payments.
- Roadside assistance. For lockouts, towing, flat tires and dead batteries, roadside assistance ensures you’ll never be stranded.
CONTACT US TODAY FOR YOUR AUTO INSURANCE NEEDS
At the Joseph Hoell Insurance agency we know how important your safety and the protection of your vehicles can be.
Contact us at (262) 214-0999 for great rates and the best coverage.